My Last Blog

Thank you so much for your interest in my life and following my blog throughout my time in Moscow at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy. After I fill you in on my past month, please make sure to read the note at the end, I have some important news.
This month has been very exciting and adventure filled. I had no more exams left in June, so I had time to focus on studying for American school exams... and photo shoots! I had a total of three shoots in a period of 8 days. I had photo shoots with Darian Volkova, Deborah Hoehner, and Daria Chenikova. So far, I have the pictures from the Darian Volkova shoot, since that was the earliest shoot I had in June, and the pictures from the shoot with Daria Chenikova. The are absolutely stunning! For my shoot with Deborah Hoehner, we walked through Gorky Park, along the river, and all the way to Christ the Savior church. If was so much fun, and the weather was perfect. I can't wait to see the pictures! The weather was also perfect for my outdoor shoot with Chenikova. We went to a make up studio in the city centre first, then we took the metro to Kolomenskoe park. We took pictures by the historic buildings, the river, and even in a big open field with shoulder high grass and flowers.
The day after my last photo shoot, June 16, I left to Sweden with my friend, Elsa. Elsa had just finished her second year at the Academy, and she was going home for summer. Since I would have no exams to prepare for, she had offered to let me stay with her in Sweden for a while. When her mom came to visit in Moscow earlier, we started to set the plans for our trip.
What we ended up doing was going to three countries. First, we flew to Sweden. I stayed at their house in Marsta, Sweden, and we explored in Marsta, as well as in Sweden. On June 20, we took the ferry to Helsinki, Finland. We got to Finland early on the 21st, and we did a bit of exploring, went to Yes Yes Yes for dinner, and hung out in the hotel room during a thunder storm. The next morning, we left for Tallinn, Estonia. The ferry there was only about 2 hours, and once we were in Estonia, we walked through the old town, had lunch, and went to the mall. We all stayed at Elsa's grandmother's house, outside of Tallinn. They lived right by the beach and forest, so during my time there, we took a walk through the forest (which included crossing a swamp!), and walked on the beach. Saunas are also very popular in the culture, so we used the sauna in the house. I enjoyed my time on this trip so much, and I was sad to leave on June 23.
I was also excited to be heading back to Moscow though, because my mom would be landing on June 24. Whenever we talked about my mom's coming to Moscow, I would keep telling my mom that I would have someone pick her up from the airport, and then I would meet her at the hotel. Although my reasoning for this did not make much sense, my mom was too focused on getting everything packed and ready to go to notice. When she arrived on the 24th, I was at the airport, ready to surprise her. She was very surprised and happy to see me.
We enjoyed one week (my last week as a Bolshoi student) in Moscow. Our hotel was very close to one of the football stadiums, and it was very fun to see all the FIFA fans in the street and metro. On the day that Denmark and France played against each other, the metro and street by our hotel was filled with fans. They were all chanting and singing very loudly, and it was very fun to be around.
On my last full day in Moscow, June 29th, I went to the 219th graduation of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy. The ceremony was very nice, and afterwards I went to Starbucks with my mom and my friend from the Academy, Reyna.
Today, June 30th, I am finishing up this blog in Amsterdam. I am here for just one night, then I will be going on a cruise...and that brings me to the important note: I will still continue to write blogs, but I will be changing the site that I publish them. I will keep this site up, so it will always be available should you want to look back at older posts or look at the Bolshoi information, but I will not be posting new blogs on here. Only when I post my January blog will I post on here to give you the link for my new website. I am switching websites because I want to keep this as a site for information on Bolshoi and my life as a Bolshoi student. Now that I am no longer a Bolshoi student, I will be using a new site to post about what I am doing. :D
Again, thank you so much for reading my blogs!









                   
                                  


XOXO,
Louisa

P.S.- I made videos for my trip with Elsa (the SFE trip). Here is the link to the videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxxobZ38EWw&list=PLqHpHuaoUcmis0Tf6ydM0MACf8g2xqeb_



Comments

Popular Posts